Base of muffin
• Heat the oven to 180/gas 4.
• Use muffin cases or if you don’t have any grease the muffin tray with the oil
• Whisk the eggs with the milk and half the cheese (25g) in a bowl you should use an electric whisk if you have one.
• Add some vegetables of your choice to the muffin tray until each well in the tray is half full
• Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tray over the veg and if you want to you can top each with the remaining cheese (extra 25g)
• Bake for 16 mins don’t cook for too long or the texture will turn rubbery
• One you take them out the oven run a knife around the edge of each well in the muffin tray before removing the egg muffins.
You can reheat these or eat them cold and they are great for early morning swims
TOTAL NUTRITIONAL VALUE for Muffin Base
Protein 46g, Sugar 7.7g,
Carbohydrates 7.9g, Fats 42g,
The Perfect Brunch
Breakfast Egg Muffins
• 1 tablespoon vegetable or sunflower oil
• 6 eggs
• 4 tablespoons of milk
• 25 cheddar cheese grated
• You will need to add some form of veg to your muffin this could be anything, my family enjoyed peppers, mushrooms and spinach. Remember to finely dice your vegetables of choice. You don’t need to worry about measurements for this you should add the vegetables according to your taste.
• A pinch of salt
• Extra 25g of cheese